POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Confused about "waves" : Re: Confused about "waves" Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Confused about "waves"
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 14 Sep 2001 08:19:35
Message: <3BA1F5F9.53C34A9C@aol.com>
Mike Williams wrote:

> The thing that's strange is that a function's two dimensions are coded
> as x and y, but the object is oriented in the x,z plane.

I guess this is just one of the prices for using functions absolutely everywhere
in the program. The x/y orientation works great for a pigment, but for a height
field,the need fr an additional transform is not intuitive. I had the same
problem using trace with a function-generated h/f. I had assumed it was a bug.
Thanks for the info.